Divemaster Crossover Course (DMC)
The NAUI Divemaster rating is the highest NAUI leadership level certification with the exception of Instructor. The program is designed to train experienced and knowledgeable divers to organize and conduct enjoyable open water dives for certified divers and engage in other approved activities.
An active-status NAUI Divemaster is qualified to organize and conduct dives for certified divers if the diving activities and locale approximate those in which the Divemaster is trained. Additional training, knowledge or experience is necessary for the Divemaster who desires to organize dives in a new locale.
An active-status NAUI Divemaster is qualified to organize and conduct NAUI recognition programs (such as International Diver) and award appropriate recognition materials to participants. An active-status NAUI Divemaster is qualified to organize and conduct Refresher Scuba training for certified divers. Additionally, NAUI Divemasters may teach the NAUI Try Scuba (confined water only), and the NAUI Skin Diver courses. An active-status NAUI Divemaster is qualified to assist an active-status NAUI Instructor in diving courses.
An active-status NAUI Divemaster who completes all requirements as laid out by the NAUI Training Department, is eligible to teach the NAUI First Aid – Powered by DAN provider courses.
An active-status NAUI Divemaster who possesses exceptional abilities, experience and completes all requirements as laid out by the NAUI Training Department, may teach the Underwater Archaeology, Underwater Digital Imaging, Underwater Hunter and Collector, and Underwater Naturalist courses. The active-status NAUI Divemaster MUST be approved, in advance, individually, by the NAUI Training Department to teach these courses.
The NAUI Divemaster Course is for certified divers who are are passionate about diving and would like to organize and conduct enjoyable open water dives for certified divers and engage in other approved activities.
Continue your training by enrolling in a NAUI Instructor course. If you completed the aforementioned courses you may enroll in NAUI Instructor Trainer course.
Open Water Dives: 6 dives
- Age. Minimum age of 18 years prior to enrollment and start of training.
- Current certification as an Assistant Instructor and/or Divemaster from a non-NAUI agency and is in good standing with that agency.
- Current certification in NAUI First Aid for the Diving Professional or equivalent.
o Certified as a NAUI Nitrox Diver or equivalent.
o A minimum of 60 logged open water scuba dives with a minimum of 30 hours bottom time. Dives shall be varied in environment, depth, and activities.
o The Instructor is to ensure adequate student knowledge and capability before any open water training and shall use skill or other evaluations to do so. One open water dive (which does not count toward the minimum number of dives required for the course) may be used as a screening and evaluation dive. This is not required when the student’s diving proficiencies are well known to the Instructor.
- Equipment. Candidates shall furnish and be responsible for the care and maintenance of their own diving equipment. The instructor shall initially assist candidates in checking all their gear to ensure it is adequate and in proper working order.
- Medical Approval. Verification of good physical condition as documented by a medical examination and unconditional approval for diving by a licensed physician within the preceding 12 months. In no event will medical approval be accepted wherein the physician signing the certificate is the student.